Monday, August 20, 2007

The first full day

After receiving last night’s visitor, needless to say (why do people say that then say what was needless to say anyway), I didn’t sleep well. I was a bit shaken, a bit angry and a bit confused mostly I felt a little impotent because my circumstance had kept me from acting and I am used to taking charge and doing things in any situation. By the time I finally fell back asleep and woke up like 3-4 hours had passed, this too would become a theme.

I woke up and woke up the wonder twins in the back and we all went into WalMart for what was supposed to be a quick shopping trip for a few of the things we missed on our list and bicycles. 3 hours later , many bicycle laps around the store and a confrontation with a wal-tard we were checking out and loading up the RV with our finds being sure to dump the trash at Wal-Mart so as to have more room.

It was a 4 hour cruise up to Sean’s Mom’s place up in Live Oak out in the Rural deep south of Northern Florida, it’s funny that if you live in South Florida you have to drive North to get to the Deep South! Sean called his Mom to say we were close and she tried to give us directions, whereupon Sean says “mom we have2 iPhones, a Satellite Nav system and an atlas I think we can find it”. Which of course means I pass the place and had to do flip a bitch in a 34’ RV on some hillbilly’s land who might shoot me for it…Exciting times? Anyway we pulled up and his mom was waiting out front (we saw her when we passed the place too but I was cruising too fast to stop, the GPS said I had another 450 feet till we got there(oh well). We got the Sean’s mom’s place and there were 3 cats that were totally cute and lovable one looked as if it had a mustache, I called her Adolf. Jackie (Sean’s mom) was like a second mom to me as much as I was over her house growing up and it was good to see her again. She made us a chicken casserole and Ambrosia salad which I heartily consumed. We caught up and Sean showed her pictures of some of our previous escapades. We decided to drive through the night to make up some time from our extended Wal-Mart trip. I went and napped for a bit in the RV then came in and showered for our drive. We decided to have a quick hookah break and met Girl, Jackie's dog who has definitely seen better days. Super sweet but the dog was shot and walks on 3 legs and is missing an eye. Beautiful but scarred dog. We also met Eddy, very nice guy who has 20 acres and fixes cars, from Fort Lauderdale and then there is Pat , Jackie’s Kato Kaylin, afriend of her late husband who regaled us with his stories of DUI and flipped over golf carts. He kept asking me if I needed a ringer (drink) for the road lol. I politely declined (shocker I know). He graciously turned on some country music and we jetted shortly thereafter.

Back on the road it wasn’t long before the dynamic duo decided to get into the krispy treats!!! Which means it wasn’t long before they were back in the back sleeping. I took some gogo juice cocktail (Rockstar and 5 hour energy) and waas zoomin to the whee hours. It’s interesting how loopy you get on little to no sleep. I was singin and dancing I even had some “just for me” time all while driving. It was fun. I drove until the sun came up and beyond, I refused to stop until we were out of Florida. I decided as soon as we hit Alabammy that I was going to sleep. I promptly did so and slept for a solid 3 hours (read 3 -1 hour naps)…but tomorrow (or today is a new day)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a trip, the last time I was able to pull something like that off I was using those 8-hour energy pills!!

mrBill said...

some "just for me time"? While you were driving? lol .. crazy man.